Sunday, December 10, 2006

Beginnings

To be a lawyer, a politician AND a preacher is to leave yourself open to every bad joke ever imagined. It does tend to toughen the skin a bit. Nevertheless, that's what I am, and what I do -- I listen to lawyer jokes, preacher jokes and politician jokes, and try to find the Gospel in them. So far, I am in no danger of running out of raw material. BOY! Do people love to load up on politicians, lawyers and preachers.

This blog is. in many ways, more about storage than about communication. In a simply breath-takingly stupid exercise, I lost all my sermon records when reformatting my hard disk. It's not that they were such wonderful sermons -- it's just that they were mine, and reflected where I was when I wrote them. I mourn their loss.

So, I will post them here, and the good people at blogger will keep them safe, and perhaps someone will drift by, read them, and say, "That made me think! I heard the Gospel in that. I'm going to rethink something I always believed to be true."

That, and the free storage, will be enough for me.

No comments: